Mary Ann
Jeff and Mary Ann Anderson, serving with Action International Ministries in Manila, Philippines
Monday, May 21, 2007
Availability
I recently volunteered to step up to be our field's Personnel Director. Jeff is thrilled. We have been trying to recruit someone for this position for years but no one has come. I didn't want to take on this major responsibility because I know I am not qualified and I totally lack the capabilities needed. So I take on this task with fear and trembling. I have a lot of visions and ideas of what may need to happen, but I am not strong on implementing my ideas. It is clear to me that there are many, many more competent people than myself. I only have a high school degree and 1 year of college. I do not have any particular training. I'm not the most gifted or talented person. There are many publishers who are much more creative and skillful than I am. Many that can type faster, are more hospitable, less timid, speak Tagalog better, have more energy, even look better. But I have one thing that no one else has for the job I am doing. I am available. This job should be done by someone more skillful than myself--but no one is here to do it. So I am the best one for the job. I do it out of my weakness by God's strength and wisdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment