Jeff and Mary Ann Anderson, serving with Action International Ministries in Manila, Philippines
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Challenging Youth and being Challenged by Them
July was a month of attending and speaking at youth meetings. July 7 I spoke at the opening service of our city-wide project for older street girls, the 14th I spoke at the opening ceremony for our city-wide literacy ministry for older street kids and adults, the 21st was the graduation for the Working Hands guys, the 28th was the college graduation open house for our daughter Micah Ann in Minnesota and the 29th I preached at 1st Baptist of Anoka in Minnesota for their youth Sunday and my message was called "To be more like Jesus or the same old same?" It was a great joy and a lot of fun to be a part of the lives all these young people. Their youthful energy and creativity in doing ministry is very invigorating. As Micah Ann said at her open house "this gathering isn't about me but it's about our praise to God for His good work in each of us". Amen Micah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment