Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Invited to Uganda and International Council

Invited to Uganda and International Council

Today I had a very nice conversation with Jerry Bingham the ACTION
Uganda Director about their work in Gulu in the north of the country.
Jerry, his wife Candice and their 46 African staff are ministering to
girl mothers who are former soldiers formerly involved in their
terrible war, orphans and untrained pastors in the midst of
suffering, danger and spiritual warfare. God's hand is upon this work
and it's a privilege to be associated with the Binghams who are
seniors in age but young in spirit for the Lord's glory among their
beloved Ugandan brethren.

Jerry told me that the Restoring Children of the Street manual we
wrote is a valuable tool to those on his team working with needy
youth and he'll be taking back 20 copies of the revised edition we
finished last November.

Jerry extended an official invitation to Mary Ann and I to visit
their work sometime in '09 which we'll prayerfully consider. I
accepted Jerry's offer and God willing we'll visit them.

Our International Council meetings are going well. Relationships are
being mended, traction is being gained with new proposals and
projects and old sticking points are moving forward. I attribute this
to God answering the prayers of many people around the world.

No comments: