Speaking of Honest Hands this graduation class was their 9th and over the years 64 former street boys have graduated from this 10 month discipleship-life skills development ministry and 166 guys have attended their boot camps. It's from the camps guys are chosen for the course. After graduation some have entered ACTION's Working Hands discipleship-vocational skills ministry, some Bible school and others reconciled to their families and became reliable workers in their church. Disciples of Christ are made not simply born.
Tomorrow through Wednesday noon, March 11-14, our field has our annual field conference which is always a blessed time together in the Word, prayer, having fun as families with some team business. Pray for us please because this is a wonderful time to encourage the team and lubricate relationships.
The following week, March 19-23, our office hosts ACTION's annual International Council meetings with leaders attending from North America, Africa, Latin America and Asia. Europe will not send someone but will be represented by our International Director. Pray for us please because ACTION has many critical issues to work on so we need God's wisdom in order to think and plan with a "new wineskin".
Yesterday I consoled a long-time friend who's 29 year old son unexpectedly committed suicide Thursday afternoon. She and her family are heartbroken over this tragedy and I'm grieving with her even though I didn't know her son. All I could do was listen in silence, pray for her and her family and hug her. This was very raw but I hope God gave her some comfort through our time together. Pray for Tess.
--
No comments:
Post a Comment