Saturday, August 24, 2013

Galatians 6:9-10: practicing what I preach

This week Metro Manila and surrounding provinces was hammered by five days of heavy monsoon rain resulting in 60% of the Metropolitan and 70% of central Luzon swamped. Over 1.75 million people are severely affected with over 500,000 now staying in evacuation centers such as schools and churches. ACTION's Street Impact Team is being flooded with requests from pastors in our network requesting help but our cash in-hand is very limited so at present we're able to help only 350 families in three areas where we have ongoing projects in Metro Manila. Today we had two relief ops and when I left home this morning to do one of them I was really "low batt" (feeling weary) but now after the relief op I'm "fully charged". I was amped by the gratefulness of the recipients when they received our help and hearing them say it's an answer to their prayers. I was also charged when we visited several families residing in a stinky swamp along a river basin and the folks were glad we visited them which encouraged me. I preach Galatians 6:9-10 often, as recently as July 28 at Trinity Baptist Church in Pasadena, encouraging the saints not to lose heart while doing good because it's easy to lose heart and in due time we'll reap what we've sown. Today I needed to dig down deep in my heart and practice what I preach and I was encouraged. Obedience to the Word brings blessing to others and us.   

No comments: