Saturday, September 7, 2013

Round 2 of relief, prayer-planning & humor in this rock 'n' roll city

Monday the Street Impact Team (SITeam) starts round two of our flood relief ops. So far we have four planned with churches we work with year-round so we're glad to be of some help to them in boosting their ministry in these needy communities. Thursday and Friday I'm pulling SITeam aside to pray, plan and have fellowship at a retreat center which is needed because we've been hittin' it hard for several months. I following Jesus' pattern of taking His disciples aside to rest awhile. Yesterday I got stuck during a huge downpour of rain on the pedestrian walkway over EDSA highway which runs through Metro Manila. As several of us, of which I was the only Amerikano, waited for the torrential rain to stop with water flowing over our soaked feet, trains roaring above us and bumper-to-bumper snarled traffic below us I was laughing. In this rock 'n' roll, rowdy, chaotic city humor is good medicine or I would go crazy. Well maybe I am crazy for lovin' Metro Manila!

No comments: