Mary Ann and I arrived in Spokane, WA Monday and had a joyful holy Christmas with Danny, Micah (our daughter) and their daughter Constance. Today Amos (our son) and his wife arrive so it will be a huge blessing to be all together for a few days before they return to Pasadena, CA January 1 and we to Manila the 2nd. It's been several years since the Andersons have been together for Christmas and New Years and the first with Danny and Laura so this is special.
Thursday Mary Ann saw a doctor about her frozen right shoulder and I had an MRI on my aching left hip. She'll need physical therapy and the MRI showed lots of arthritis and a badly torn labrum which I'll also have looked at in Manila. As the doctor was injecting dye into the hip and he learned where we live and what we do he said "I just saw the new movie about Walter Mitty and the need to take risks and live life to the full so Jeff you're an inspiration to me". I thanked him for his compliment and care then he learned we're the same age and he said "life happens to all of us" meaning our bodies show wear and tear over time. However I'll add for followers of Christ our God has a plan our our lives and He guides our steps so it doesn't just "happen to all of us." In Him we can be courageous to take risks and live life to the full for Gods glory and the Gospels sake.
Jeff Anderson
Sent from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment