Saturday, December 20, 2014

Parties & Anniversary

Our Christmas parties for street kids and out-of-school continue and we're having a great time! The other day I gave a short message about Jesus at one for 35 street boys and girls which was full of games, singing and food and each child received a nice gift. It was held in the party room of a restaurant which the kids pass by everyday and this was the first time the kids ate *inside* an eatery. At night they scrounge for scraps through restaurant's garbage when they close.The manager didn't charge us for the room and allowed us to bring in extra rice so the kids had enough to eat and some to take "home." When asked what they wished for this Christmas the majority said to "have a happy family and to be together" and to "study in school". Red, yellow, black, brown or white, rich or poor kids are kids and Jesus loves them all year-round. Not just during the Christmas season.

Speaking of having a happy family that's together tomorrow is our 35th wedding anniversary. When I said "I do" to Mary Ann I meant it and it was done. By Gods grace and commitment to one another we are happily together.

No comments: