Saturday, April 25, 2015

Working Hands graduation-precious and time to launch out

Today 20 young men from hardship backgrounds graduated from Working Hands' 10 month discipleship-vocational training program. There were nine in the carpentry and 11 in the computer tech course so now they start the six month on-the-job training aspect of the program after which they return to receive their tool box for each course and a diploma which is accredited by the Philippine government. Along with the vocational skills they were trained in basic Christian living and life skills. The graduation was a grand celebration with parents, siblings, friends and pastors in attendance to encourage the grads. The boys lead us in worship and I gave a message titled "Passing the torch of the Gospel to the next generation" from 1 and 2 Timothy. We've lived at 2nd Mile for two weeks and each morning as the sun rises I've watched the boys play basketball, do calisthenics and have devotions. Each late afternoon they'd play ball again, I'd hear singing and the guys swapping stories as the day cools down. They've become precious and I'll miss them but it's time for them to launch out and live what they've been taught.

No comments: