Saturday, July 4, 2015

Livin' life to the full

Monday Felicity ("happy one") Mackay ("son/daughter of fire") was born to our daughter Micah Ann and her husband Danny. Wednesday they came home and are now a family of four. Their 2.5 year old Constance is learning what it means to share her parents' attention and be a big sister. Late Wednesday evening Amos, our son, Laura his wife and their 9 month-old Ethan arrived from LA. These are very precious days when we're all together because they're few and far between. Wednesday I slipped in the shower and smacked my rib cage and elbow hard but I'm okay. I'm fortunate because it could have been a lot worse. My ribs are still sore and it reminds me of my athletic days when I'd get hit hard. I also developed a bad infection in a left toe and Thursday went to urgent care because my foot was swelling, turning red and the toe *really* hurt. The Dr put me on strong oral antibiotics, 2-3x daily 30 minute soaks in epsom salt, antibiotic cream, stay off my feet and see him again this weekend. This means I'm on the disabled list and my trip to Three Hills, Alberta for ACTIONs International Council meetings and 40th year Jubilee is postponed until (if) I'm cleared to travel. The big concern is the infection could travel to my artificial left hip so I need to deal with it. You might think I'm accident prone or rammy but I'm not. This is liven' life to the full.




No comments: