Jeff and Mary Ann Anderson, serving with Action International Ministries in Manila, Philippines
Saturday, December 19, 2015
Manila what a city!
Mary Ann and I have lived and served in Manila for 30 years which is a 24/7/365 loud, push and shove, rock and roll city of an estimated 21 million people. There are seemingly endless opportunities for ministry among the very wealthy and extremely poor and in order to joyfully live and work here one needs to have the right stuff. We get tired, of course, but we don't get tired of the people. I've been here since the 8th and my schedule has been filled with Christmas parties among the poor, we turned-over text books to a school that was smashed by super typhoon Haiyan in November '13, meetings with beloved coworkers, today a party with friends at a dump site and tomorrow with street kids. Tuesday I return to Minneapolis. It's a God thing for sure and to Him belongs all the glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment