Saturday, April 16, 2016

Kids and teens are all-in and all-out for Gods glory!

Our ministry at the Willmar A/G last Sunday was a blessing, especially with their children. We spoke to two children's classes followed with a lively Q&A and prayer. In both classes a child asked "Why do you *have* to be a missionary?" My response was "I don't have to be a missionary but I *get* to be one because I want to tell others that Jesus loves them." After Q&A the kids circled us, laid hands on us and prayed for us. It was precious to hear their prayers filled with faith and vision. After prayer they took an offering for the church's missions outreach. It's clear they're being taught right by their parents and teachers.

Wednesday evening we ministered to teens of Avon Community Church. Pastor Josh was 8 years old when in '97 his family spent a few weeks with us in Manila ministering to children. He told us and his youth group that that experience turned him to Christ and is what God used to called him to full-time ministry. I don't remember seeing Josh since then but he's now married, has a child with another due this summer and he's also the minister to families of his church. Wednesday concluded the teen's world missions month. I spoke straight and they took it well. On their room's wall was the word "fearless". I challenged them to learn to be fearless in sharing the gospel like the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 6:19-20 (NIV). The kids in Willmar and the teens in Avon are learning to be all-in for Jesus and all-out for his glory both across their streets and around our world! 




No comments: