Saturday, August 6, 2016

Unpacking & repacking, operation

We arrived at 2nd Mile Wednesday evening after uneventful flights from Minneapolis. We've been busy unpacking and repacking because we leave this morning for Manila. I'll help with a training for church-planters next week and Mary Ann will attend training in using StrengthFinders which we'll incorporate in our mentoring and training of new ACTION missionaries. I'll also preach Sunday in a new church among families.

By the way yesterday Pastor Renato and I returned to the area along a river where 22 families were totally burned out in early June. We did a relief op shortly after the fire and met Ivan who had a badly broken leg and needed an operation. To make the story short, before we left for Minnesota Renato and I made arrangements for Ivan's operation which he had last week. It'll be three months before he can return to work as a welder but he's healing. His father, Gilbert, asked where they can go to church and we'll refer them to one nearby. Yes we are "do-gooders" like Jesus.  




No comments: