Sunday, October 21, 2007

No Quit in Us

October 21, 2007

The Great Commission is God's last command and our first concern

Both Mary Ann and I were up this morning before 3 with stuff on our minds--like our daughter's deployment to Iraq in April '08, missing our kids, prayer burdens and for me an achy body. Yesterday I saw my chiropractor again because my pelvis was out of line which was causing dull headaches and tight neck and shoulder muscles. This is due to a physical lifestyle and the constant pressure of ministry and life in Manila. Dr. Brush did several adjustments and I feel somewhat better today.

Around 3:30 this morning while I was drinking a cup of coffee before going out for a run Mary Ann sat down next to me and said something like "I wish life was more ordinary". Knowing her well she doesn't mean a hum-drum, artificially secure life enjoying superficial pleasures sitting at the lake in a rocking chair. She does mean life on the mission field, especially for those entrusted with leadership responsibilities, continually demands our full attention and all our strength and at times we get very tired and somewhat discouraged. But there's *no quit* in us. By God's grace as long as He gives us breath we desire to serve Him for His glory among the nations by obeying the Great Commission in some capacity. Pray for us please. We need them.

Yesterday I finished studying Mark 10 and I thank God for the rewards of obedience waiting for those who merit them as laid out by Jesus in verses 29-31. Sometimes I feel like the original disciples of Jesus when they were amazed as well as fearful while Jesus lead the way to His humiliation and death knowing He would rise again in three days (32). Even Jesus endured the Cross as ordained by His Father because of the joy on the other side.

No comments: