colleagues and Networking
Today Mike and Rebecca leave for the States which ends a fruitful
ministry for them with ACTION and Higher Rock Church in the
Philippines. Mike and I have served together among the poor in
Manila since 1991 and I'm going to miss him. Our team will miss his
smile, jokes, availability to help in a moments notice and his
discipleship ministries among the poor and pastors. Mike and Rebecca
were married last May and she's a wonderful partner for him. Rebecca
has served for years with Higher Rock in discipling women, editing
and writing for publication and is a core member of the church. The
church will miss her big time. Lord willing they'll serve with
ACTION in Uganda, Malawi or Zambia among the dying afflicted with
AIDS and discipleship after they beef up their support. Two weeks ago
at our team meeting we commissioned them to their next assignment. It
is both joyful and sad to see dear friends move on but the Lord Jesus
is the Head of the church and He assigns people to their location and
office of service within His Kingdom. This is sending missionaries
from here to be received elsewhere within ACTION.
We getting ready for our guests to start arriving from various ACTION
offices and fields around the world with Rex, our USA director,
having arrived Friday. We're hosting this year's International
Council meetings followed by our field's annual conference. It's
wonderful to serve with like-minded colleagues scattered around the
globe and here.
*After the conferences Mary Ann and I have one day to pack then we
leave for furlough the 20th. I have four days to wrap up in the
office before we leave so I've got a lot to do before I can
concentrate on the conferences and furlough. I need prayer!
Two large boxes of "Gallon of Care" school supply packs arrived
Wednesday sent by a church in the States. We've never been to this
church but the project was referred to them by Gary and Melita who
are ACTION missionaries on furlough. We thank God for these supplies
and we'll distribute them to needy students in due time. This is
networking among people who understand the church is a called out
people in order to worship and serve the King of kings and Lord of
lords both locally and globally.
No comments:
Post a Comment