Wednesday-Friday this week was the 17th annual CGM-ACTION Pastoral Care Conference with 270+ pastors in attendance. Wednesday morning I gave a message called "The Marks of being Born Again" which seemed to be well received. Following the message we showed a video of our work among street kids which caused many to ask us questions about our ministry the next couple days. The guys realize they're surrounded by needy people so they're looking for ways to help meet their physical needs as they minister God's Word.
Before I spoke a pastor approached me and asked "Bro Jeff do you remember me?" I replied "help me please" and he said "I remember when you ministered at the New Bilibid National Prison in the 80s when I was there and now I'm a seminary graduate, a pastor and school administer". He later told me after I spoke "Bro Jeff your passion hasn't changed". *Wow* what a double encouragement! He also told me when he was a little boy he and his three brothers slept in jeepneys because they're from a broken family. Eventually one brother was shot by the police because he was a criminal, another died as a drug addict on the streets and his other brother is a pastor too. We both heartily agreed we cannot give up on street kids and prisoners because the power of the Gospel can transform all people.
No comments:
Post a Comment