Saturday, December 1, 2012

In Manila, eye surgery, a busy December: we hit the ground running

Mary Ann and I arrived in Manila in good shape late Thursday evening. However NAIA 1, terminal 1 of Manila's airport, was total mayhem with arriving passengers, traffic and carts and carts of luggage. It's the worst I've seen it over our 27 years of arriving and departing NAIA 1! Our trip to Minnesota and Washington was a blessing in many ways but it's good to be back with our team and our ministries.

December 3 I have cataract surgery on my left eye so I'm hoping and praying my vision will improve and I can get new glasses. The cataract developed due to many procedures done to repair my retina which tore in January 2011 so it's been a *long* process to save and recover sight in the eye. Pray for me please.

The Street Impact Team (SITeam) has a very busy December ahead with a reunion for our 2012 campers December 11 and several evangelistic Christmas parties for street kids, rural and urban poor families, disaster victims and prisoners from the 6th-16th. The 13th we have a party for pastors, church workers and staff members of para-church ministries who partner with SITeam throughout the year so there's a lot of excitement about this. When we arrived Thursday we hit the ground running but slower.

--

No comments: