Friday the Visayas region of the Philippines was pummeled by super typhoon Yolanda (Phil name) and it's estimated 1,200 people were killed. Haiyan, her international name, is said to be the strongest typhoon ever to hit land and it hammered the Philippines six times! Yesterday, the final day of our training, I had a very difficult time focusing because I tracked the news from the Philippines. Now we're home in Manila and hearing reports of the death and utter devastation so I'm thinking about what we can do to help. Lord we need your mercy and help!
For the next three weeks, starting Monday, we have a couple with SITeam so we'll put them throughout the paces starting with a camp for up to 50 rough and tumble street kids. This week was full but next week will be fuller so pray for us please! Lord give us strength!
No comments:
Post a Comment