Saturday, November 29, 2014

Home-going, graduation day & let's party!

November 22 my longtime friend, mentor, big brother in the Lord and incorporating ACTION Board member Rev Bill Layda went home to be with the Lord. He will be greatly missed by many especially his wife Eden, their four adult children and grandchildren. 1 Thessalonians 1:3 expresses our sentiments well "We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ." (NIV)

This week I saw my surgeon and physical medicine doctor and they said I've graduated. The surgeon said my bionic left hip is doing well and the other said the hip and leg muscles are strong but I'll need to do certain exercises for the rest of my life due to the 1" discrepancy of my legs. This has been a great test of character because I was told by a surgeon friend who was a physical therapist that 75% of his patients dropped out of therapy because they couldn't take it. Although my left foot still has "pins and needles" due to the sciatic nerve's barking I'm steadily marching forward.

The Street Impact Team will start our evangelistic Christmas party ministry in Manila December 4 and they'll run through the 17th. At present we have 20 lined up in Manila for street kids and families living in slums and eight for Haiyan victims in Eastern Samar and Leyte in early January. If we have additional funding we'll either beef up the parties we've lined up or add parties. Let's party!

No comments: