Saturday, February 13, 2016

Winter-peg, high mileage & full gas tanks

Our five days in Manitoba last week were full and productive. The Missionfest ended well and our ministry at Church of the Living Hope was blessed by the Lord. We arrived in Minneapolis in good shape Sunday evening despite very wintery weather in "Winter-peg" that day.

Tuesday I had the first procedure done for implants which are replacing two upper molars extracted years ago in Manila. My jaw no longer aches and the bleeding has stopped but my cheek is swollen like a chipmunk's full of seeds. Today I also got contact lenses which are helping with my distance vision and depth perception problems. While on furlough I had a thorough eye exam and got new glasses, professionally made lifts for my short left leg, lots of dental work done, PSA checked and meds updated. Mary Ann has also had lots of medical work done. Our bodies have high mileage but our gas tanks are full so we're getting ready to return to the Philippines in good health for our age.

No comments: