Yesterday 30 year veteran ACTION missionaries Paul and Pat Ellis passed on these lessons they've learned over the years to our team during our monthly meeting:
1. be sure of your calling from the Lord as a missionary
2. daily seek the Lord as you spend quality time in the Word of God
3. be flexible in the midst of change
4. have a team of prayer partners
5. listen to leadership and follow them
6. learn to forgive others
7. stay focused on Christ as our Source of peace and joy not others, circumstances, places or things
They shared Jeremiah 29:11-12 as what they called their pathway of life: "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." (NIV)
This is nutritious food for thought so we need to chew this well.
No comments:
Post a Comment