Today we had an evangelistic Christmas party in Brgy Pinyahan which was devastated by fire a few weeks ago and it was held at Christ is the Way to Life Church where we did our relief operation. The little church was packed wall-to-wall with very excited kids and parents spilled out the door into the courtyard. There was very little room so when I moved I had to be careful I didn't step on little feet or hands and it was very *hot* with little moving air so I dripped sweat on kids when I looked down at them. Nevertheless everyone had a great time singing, playing simple games, I gave a very short message after which the kids ate a nice meal of chicken and spaghetti from everyone's favorite restaurant, Jollibee, and received nicely wrapped gifts. We also gave the church's day-care center lots of donated items given to us this week by a large international school. This party was the kick-off event for a six month feeding which is planned to start in January for 80 malnourished kids in cooperation with local officials. Despite their terrible fire recently today everyone had a good time including this big kid.
Jeff and Mary Ann Anderson, serving with Action International Ministries in Manila, Philippines
Thursday, December 15, 2011
A packed house: today everyone had a good time
Today we had an evangelistic Christmas party in Brgy Pinyahan which was devastated by fire a few weeks ago and it was held at Christ is the Way to Life Church where we did our relief operation. The little church was packed wall-to-wall with very excited kids and parents spilled out the door into the courtyard. There was very little room so when I moved I had to be careful I didn't step on little feet or hands and it was very *hot* with little moving air so I dripped sweat on kids when I looked down at them. Nevertheless everyone had a great time singing, playing simple games, I gave a very short message after which the kids ate a nice meal of chicken and spaghetti from everyone's favorite restaurant, Jollibee, and received nicely wrapped gifts. We also gave the church's day-care center lots of donated items given to us this week by a large international school. This party was the kick-off event for a six month feeding which is planned to start in January for 80 malnourished kids in cooperation with local officials. Despite their terrible fire recently today everyone had a good time including this big kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment