Jeff and Mary Ann Anderson, serving with Action International Ministries in Manila, Philippines
Saturday, June 11, 2016
A special moment
Monday we returned to our former neighborhood in Manila for the first time since we left it in April, '15. When we got out of the car a street sweeper almost run up to me and excitedly asked "Sir, where have you been? I have not seen you for a long time!" I explained to him that we moved and said it's good to see him again. We know each other because when I went brisk walking at 4am I'd greet him as he happily cleaned our streets. I also gave him a gospel tract once and told him why I'm in his country. When we departed Monday we shook hands, slapped each others backs and said good-bye eye-to-eye. This was a special counter-culture moment for a 'Kano and a lowly (culturally speaking) street sweeper to exchange friendship. Hopefully he remembers Jesus more than me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment